COVID-19 Update; TRAIN SMART, PLAY SMART, BE COVID SMART
24 August 2020
The number of cases of COVID-19 is currently increasingly signficantly. The Department of Communities are working with colleagues in the Public Health Agency to ask and encourage sporting bodies and clubs to "TRAIN SMART, PLAY SMART, BE COVID SMART."
There has been a number of cluster outbreaks which have been associated with sporting settings, so to ensure that everyone can continue to train and operate games and competitions, we all need to play our part.
We have a collective responsibility to overcome the challenge that is affecting us all. IF WE DON'T ADHERE TO PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDANCE OUR SPORT WILL STOP. To avoid this, please follow the guidelines below;
- Maintain social distancing (2m wherever possible);
- Maintain goody hygiene;
- Recognise the importance of ensuring safe travel;
- Wear a face covering where social distancing is difficult to maintain;
- Adhere to all aspects of your Club's Covid safety plan;
- Ensure that your club activities comply with the regulations set by the NI Executive regarding numbers of participants;
- Raise any issues or concerns regarding the above with your Governing Body;
- Download the StopCOVIDNI app; and
- DO NOT LEAVE HOME IF YOU ARE ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSE HAS SYMPTOMS.
Covid-19 restrictions have impacted on every thread of society here and we need to work together to ensure we do not undo the immense effort made by everyone to date.